Friday, July 3, 2009

Northside Baptist Church is launching a new website, and one of the features is this new blog--Brandishings--by me, the pastor, Chad Brand. (Pretty clever, huh?) As you may know if you are looking at this blog in the first place, in addition to being the pastor of Northside, I also am Professor of Theology at Southern Baptist Seminary. I am hoping that this blog will feature opportunities for us to think about the church in culture, and what that means in every respect. I am proud of my denomination for recently launching Great Commission Resurgence. I am hopeful that we as Southern Baptists, as evangelicals, can work together to see a new resurgence of evangelistic efforts. My community (Hardin County), like all of yours, needs the Lord. I am proud to be able to work alongside people like Eddie Turner, John "Tree" Akers, both of whom are pastors at Northside, and many others in our church to win E-Town to the Lord. (And, of course, we will be doing it alongside the other evangelical, Bible-believing churches in our county.) That is our calling--to glorify God with our lives, and one of the things that brings Him greatest glory is when people are saved.

I hope you will check in here from time to time, see what is going on with us, and feel free to add your own comments. I thank God every day for the abundant blessings He has heaped on me, with church, the seminary, and above everything, a great family to be part of. I hope the Lord blesses you and yours in abundance.

Chad

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Doc! I'll be looking forward to reading your blog. I didn't know you were in the E-town area nowadays. Leigh and I are expecting our first baby any day now and we will be at Hardin Memorial. Look for the tweet announcing and swing by and meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're on the web Dr. Brand. Every blessing as you minister in E-town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere. Look forward to stopping by your blog. Watch out for that Will Wilson character :-)

    ReplyDelete